Thursday, September 17, 2009

Full Moon Asian/Thai Restaurant, White Plains

Today is their opening day, and as far as my lunch, it didn't even "make it out of the gate."

I called Full Moon Asian/Thai Restaurant to place an order. After the phone rang for up to ten rings, I was speaking with someone who hardly spoke English, who then put another person on the phone who spoke only marginally more English than he, to inform me that (despite it being on their take out menu) there was no tom kha gai, and rushed me off the phone, as if I didn't have other things I wanted to order.

Not a good first impression. But afterall it IS their first day, and rarely do restaurants get their act together for their opening day.

I wasn't feeling well today and knew that a hot steaming bowl of tom kha gai would have made me feel a bit better, a bit more human (assuming of course, it was authentically made).

I'm not going to harp on the disappointment. But it was their first day. However, I will not further frustrate myself, and will give it a week or two to get its "sea legs" before I attempt to order lunch from them.

Stay tuned.

I managed to salvage my lunch by running errands and picking up a "bucket" of salad from Mix It Up: A Salad Boutique. SEE ALSO: Separate review for Mix It Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment